- Cost estimates are based on information provided; charges will be based on actual service. Prices are subject to change based on final services.
- In the event that all WVU buses are booked we reserve the right to contract an outside vendor to meet your transportation needs. The rates of the outside vendor may vary.
- Hourly rates include driver and fuel costs.
- The requesting party is responsible for the driver(s) lodging and Bus Parking on overnight trips.
- Toll fees will be charged to the requesting party, when incurred.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, all arrival times shall be approximations only. The driver is responsible only for the itinerary provided. Although a driver will make a reasonable effort to accommodate changes in the itinerary or an incomplete itinerary, there can be no assurance that all changes can be accommodated.
- When operational needs arise, Transportation Services reserves the right to upgrade any reservation to a similar sized bus.
- Per-Diem is granted to Transportation drivers after 5 days of out of town events. Allowance rates will be charged back to the reservation party when applied. See travel rates at http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100120
- Mechanical failure will be handled promptly. Transportation Services will attempt to make all necessary reasonable accommodations to minimize down times. The driver will contact the Supervisor and he will determine action that needs taken.
- The following items are prohibited without the written consent of West Virginia University: hazardous materials, weapons, tobacco products, alcohol, glass containers, large items not secured, firearms, explosives and fireworks, golf shoes and any other shoes with spikes. Violations will result in the immediate termination of the reservation service. The vehicle cannot be used for individual or personal transfers due to liability issues.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This service is required to comply with all USDOT, FTA, WV, WVU and other relevant rules and regulations.
WAIVER OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
- It is understood by the requesting party that certain unforeseen factors beyond Transportation Services control may result in delays. The requesting party hereby waives any and all claims for damages, including any deposits and costs incurred by the reservation party for room, meals or admissions arising from delays due to factors beyond transportation services control, including delays or cancellations arising from weather and mechanical failure.
- The requesting party shall be responsible for any damage to the interior of the motor coach beyond normal wear and tear. Transportation Services assumes no responsibility for any personal property.
- Baggage and all other personal property will be handled only at passengers own risk. Transportation Services assumes no responsibility for parking at any location.
- It is understood by requesting party that it is their responsibility to schedule and assume all costs associated with parking of the vehicle for out of town events and must pass this information to Transportation Services before departure of the event.
- The request for VCR, DVD, Direct TV or WIFI equipped coaches will be honored to the best of our ability but is not guaranteed. No refunds will be made on non-functioning equipment. Inappropriate videos/movies may result in the immediate termination of the bus service.
- Cancellations received 15 or more days prior to departure will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 7-14 days prior to departure will receive a partial refund of 50%. Cancelations received less than 7 days prior to departure will not receive a refund.
- Gratuities is not common within WVU Transportation services. Please reference to the West Virginia State Auditor’s office for ruling.