The rules that apply to Carpool participation include:
- At least one member of the carpool must be a current holder of a parking permit for one of the campus areas.
- There must be at least two members for the Carpool.
- All Carpool members must a be fulltime WVU employee, a employee of the Health Sciences Center, or the WVUH (Ruby Hospital). No students can be included as part of the Carpool.
- All members of the Carpool must sign the application and agreement.
- Preferred parking for Carpool permit holders will be designated on the Downtown, Evansdale, and HSC campuses. No preferred parking will be provided in the Waterfront or Mountainlair garages.
- Should the Carpool be disbanded, the parking areas that the Carpool holders had prior to the Carpool will be reassigned if available and if not available will be placed at the top of the waiting list for that area.
- The Carpool permit charge will be the general employee parking price. The Point of Contact (POC) designee will be responsible for payment of the permit costs. The balance of the Carpool member will pay the POC for their portion of the permit cost.
- Citations made on Carpool permits will be assigned to the car owner and not the POC. If the car that received the citation is not registered under the Carpool permit, the citation will be assigned to the POC.