To protect the health and safety of WVU students, faculty and staff, the PRT will not be operating during the fall 2020 semester. In its place, WVU will operate an additional 35-40 buses to transport our campus community between Downtown, Evansdale and Health Sciences areas of campus. WVU, Coach USA and Mountain Line buses will be used. Attendants will be available at all bus stops to assist with loading and unloading passengers. WVU buses will operate from Monday, Aug. 24 through Tuesday, Nov. 24.
Country Roads (Lot ST-10 Bus Stop / Oakland St. / Mountaineer Station Loop)
- Depart: Buses will load and depart from the lot ST-10 bus stop near Falling Run Rd. and travel via University Ave. to the Oakland St. crosswalks, where students will depart for Towers. Buses will continue on University Ave., make a right on Van Voorhis Rd. and proceed to Mountaineer Station.
- Return: Buses will depart Mountaineer Station, proceed to University Ave., stop at the Oakland St. crosswalks and travel via University Ave. back to the lot ST-10 bus stop.
Health Sciences Express (Mountaineer Station to Evansdale Crossing Loop)
- Continuous Loop: Buses will operate on a continuous loop between Mountaineer Station and Evansdale Crossing via Van Voorhis Rd.
Mountaineer (Area 8 on Beechurst Ave. to Evansdale Crossing Loop)
- Depart: Buses will load at the Area 8 bus stop/parking lot located off the intersection between Campus Dr. and Beechurst Ave. Once loaded, buses will proceed on Beechurst Ave. to Evansdale Crossing.
Return: Buses will depart via the Evansdale Crossing bus lane and proceed
to the Area 7 parking lot (for unloading only).
Note: On Monday, Sept. 28, the unloading location changed from the Beechurst PRT station to the Area 7 parking lot.
Coliseum Shuttle Service (Coliseum to Evansdale Crossing Loop)
- Continuous Loop: Buses will operate on a continuous loop from the Coliseum to Evansdale Crossing (7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday)
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Expect wait times to be approximately 20-30 minutes. These times could increase during hours of heavy traffic. The Coliseum Shuttle Service runs from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.View Fall 2020 Bus Schedule
When preparing to ride the bus, wear a face mask or cloth face covering before entering the bus and avoid touching surfaces with your hands. Upon disembarking, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol as soon as possible and before removing their mask or cloth face covering.
Bus drivers are also required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed in all buses, and shields will be installed to protect drivers. WVU transportation will undergo routine DSV (Disinfectant, Sanitizer, Virucide) after each shift.
WVU buses will typically have three or four seats per row, and total seats per bus can range from 31 to 56 seats.
Keeping space between individuals is one of the best tools we have to avoid COVID-19 exposure and slow its spread. When boarding the bus, start from the back and sit every other row, in a checkerboard pattern, to adhere to the six-foot spacing guideline. The seat directly behind the bus driver should remain empty. Passengers sitting in the front should exit the bus first. Seating layouts may vary - follow the signage placed on the seats.