Fleet Services maintains and support the vehicle needs of West Virginia University’s main campus as well as its branch campuses. The range of services may include assisting with information on departmental vehicle purchases, State vehicle repairs and routine maintenance.
- Approves all University fleet purchases and/or leases
- Completes mandatory State of WV fleet reporting on behalf of WVU
- Current Inventory/Vehicle Disposal
- Asset inventory
- Coordinates vehicle insurance claims with risk management office
- Oversees fleet polices and procedures
An essential part of mobility on the WVU campuses is the service provided by the Transportation Services. Operating on-campus shuttles from the Coliseum to the PRT, transporting students to field trips around town or cross country, and moving the mobility impaired around campus are but a few of the services offered.
Besides bus services, the Transportation Services unit provides fleet maintenance for University vehicles and provides rental vehicles on an as-needed basis to University departments.