Purchasing a Used Vehicle
The desired vehicle must be worth the asking price through Kelly Blue Book Pricing. The Fleet manager will then require a comparison of similar vehicles and a justification letter explaining why this vehicle was selected .Once the value has been determined and the asking price is at fair market value, you will need to do the following:
- Request a quote from the vendor that should include: year, make, model, mileage, and price of vehicle as well as the WVU Department name and address purchasing vehicle.
- Complete surplus form for vehicle being surplus.
- Complete DOA-FM-005.
- Submit to WVU Procurement office the following: Detailed quote/ invoice, Form DOA-FM-005 and surplus form for vehicle being decommissioned.
- Procurement will forward all documents to the Fleet Manager for approval. Documents will then be sent to Charleston by Fleet Manager for approval. Once this purchase has been approved by all parties then all signed documents will be returned to Procurement office for payment issued.
Purchasing a New Vehicle
- The Department will need to review the vehicle state contract site to select a vehicle and then request a detailed invoice from the vendor.
- Surplus form must be completed for the vehicle being decommissioned.
- Department needs to complete form DOA-FM-005.
- All documents must be sent to the department EBO for funding numbers and then the EBO will forward all documents to Procurement for process.
- Procurement will forward all documents to the Fleet Manager for approval and forms will be sent to Charleston for approval. Once this purchase has been approved by all parties, all signed documents will be returned to Procurement for payment process.
Increasing Fleet Inventory
Departments wanting to increase their Fleet will need to provide a justification letter with details for the increase to the Fleet Manager. Examples of Fleet increases are as follows: Specialty vehicles, bucket trucks, Police cruisers, training vehicles, Project vehicles (Hydrogen Vehicles / Research). This request requires approval by all parties involved.