Use your WVU Login username and password to access this site. If you need assistance, contact the ITS Service Desk at 304-293-4444. Manage your Login account at login.wvu.edu.
Holds on your account, due to parking citation, will be removed one hour after payment
A citation does not need to be pre-paid in order to lodge an appeal. A citation must be paid prior to being released from any academic holds or restrictions placed on your account. If the citation is dismissed through the appeal process, WVU Parking Management will refund the total amount due.
All appeals will be presented to the Parking Management Appeal Officer via the electronic appeal found on the Parking Management Website. The Appeals Officer will undertake an impartial review of the circumstances surrounding the issuance of the citation(s) and provide a decision to the Department of Parking Services, which will then notify the appellant. All decisions reached by the appeal officer are considered binding and constitute the final disposition of the appeal.
- All appeals must be submitted to the Department of Parking Services within 10 working days of the issuance of the Notice of Violation.
- Failure to file an appeal within this time will result in the violator’s forfeiture of the privilege of appeal.
- All appeals must indicate the citation number(s) of the violation(s) being appealed and present the appellant’s arguments to have the Notice of Violation voided. The Appeals Officer will undertake an impartial review of the circumstances surrounding the issuance of the citation(s) and provide a decision to Parking Management, which will then notify the appellant.
- The burden of proof in the appeal rests with the appellant. Denial of an appeal makes the designated fine due and payable by the designated due date.
The following are not grounds for appeal:
- lack of available parking,
- unfamiliarity with University parking rules and regulations,
- short time in violation area,
- failure to observe posted signs,
- class/instruction ran late,
- anyone other than Parking Services or contracted parking lot attendants directed you to park in violation area,
- non-receipt of the citation(s).
Types and Fees
- Blocking Other Vehicles, Roadways, Fire Lanes, Crosswalks, Fire Hydrants: $20 per citation
- Possession of False or Stolen Permit: $20 per citation
- Taking up more than one parking space: $20 per citation
- Parking in Restricted or Blocked-off Area: $20 per citation
- Parking Vehicles so Decals, Permits, or License Plates Cannot Be Seen: $20 per citation
- Traffic related offenses: $20 per citation
Parking: $20 per citation
- On Sidewalks
- On Grass
- On Yellow Lines
- At Yellow Curbs / Bumper Blocks
- In No Parking / Non-Designated Parking Areas
- At Loading / Unloading Areas
- At Bus Loading / Unloading Areas
- Blocking Entrances or Exits to Buildings
- Students or Employees Parking in Visitor Areas
- No Permit: $20 per citation
- Parking in Areas Not Allowed by Permit: $20 per citation
- Improperly Parked Bicycle, Motorcycle, Motorbike, or Motor Scooter: $20 per citation
- Parking in Parking Garage without Paying Fee: $20 per citation
- Overnight Parking Violation: $20 per citation
- Other Violations as Maybe Specified on Citation: $20 per citation
- Expired Short-term Parking Ticket up to One Hour: $5 per citation
- Expired Short-term Parking Ticket Over One Hour: $20 per citation
- Improperly Displayed Permit: $3 per citation
- Failure to Register Vehicle with Valid Permit: $3 per citation
- Parking in an ADA Space without a Valid Permit: $200 First Offense
- Parking in an ADA Space without a Valid Permit: $300 Second Offense
- Parking in an ADA Space without a Valid Permit: $500 Third Offense