Parking permits are issued through the Parking Management office located in Mountaineer Station (1112 Van Voorhis Road). Permits are valid for one year - from August 1 through July 31 of the following year. Permits will be renewed automatically for employees who pay for their permits through payroll deduction. A permit is required for motor vehicles and motorcycles to park in a permitted space on campus. ALL citations must be paid when purchasing, renewing and/or picking up a permit.Visit Parking Portal
Temporary Parking Program for Remote Employees
Transportation and Parking will continue the special temporary parking program for employees who are working exclusively remotely this spring. Remote employees’ parking permits will be suspended through Sunday, May 30.
As with the fall semester, parking fees included as an automatic payroll deduction will continue to be suspended. Permits for remote employees will remain active in WVU’s parking database, which will allow Transportation and Parking to share important parking updates and announcements with these employees.
Remote employees’ permits and/or parking spaces will be guaranteed upon their return to on-campus work in the summer.
Temporary Parking Permits for Students
A limited number of temporary parking permits for the spring semester will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Permits will be valid Friday, Jan. 15, through Saturday, May 15.
Students may purchase a permit beginning Thursday, Nov. 19, by visiting the Parking Portal, selecting “get permits” and logging in with their WVU credentials. Permits also may be purchased at the Parking Management office, which is located at 1112 Van Voorhis Rd. Permits will be available for pickup at the beginning of the spring semester at the Parking Management office.
Permits are registered to a specific individual and vehicle(s) and is:
- Not valid in the hourly paid parking areas under any circumstances
- The property of WVU
Permits must be returned to the WVU Parking office to terminate associated charges or fees and/or receive a refund, as applicable. Any unauthorized use of a permit is considered a violation and is subject to fines, penalties and revocation.
Permits must be attached properly to the vehicle’s lower front driver side windshield (near the inspection sticker), facing out at all times while parked at WVU. If you have a hangtag, it must be displayed facing out on the rearview mirror at all times while parked at WVU. Failure to properly display the permit is a parking violation.
General Permits are issued to employees and students listing specific parking area(s).
- Area 75 permits are valid in the white ADA spaces in the designated parking area printed on the front of the permit.
- Area 90 permits are for presidents, vice presidents and administrators and are valid in all permit areas.
- Area 92 permits are only for departments and are valid in Downtown areas 1, 5, 7, 11, area 80 at HSC, and all Evansdale areas.
- Area 94 permits are for directors, associate directors, assistant directors, managers, and individuals who are required to travel to other campuses. You must receive pre-approval to get this permit and your home base will be designated on the permit. These permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 6, 7, 9 and 11, areas 80 and 81 at HSC (on a temporary basis), and all areas on Evansdale.
- Area 98 permits are for vendors. They are valid in Downtown areas 1, 5, 6, 7, all paid Evansdale areas, and area 81 at HSC.
- Motorcycle permits are valid in any motorcycle space on campus. An employee with a parking permit may park in motorcycle spaces or a regular space as long as they properly display their permit.
- Professor Emeritus permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11, areas 80 and 81 at HSC (on a temporary basis), and all areas on Evansdale.
- Press Pass permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 6,7, 11, areas 80 and 81 at HSC, and all areas on Evansdale.
- Temporary disability permits are available. Please contact the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at 304-293-5600 for more information.
- Vanpool permits are valid in the parking area designated on the front of the permit.
- Visitor’s permits are only valid for one day.