Statement on Faculty and Staff Parking Fee Refunds: WVU has been extremely flexible with faculty and staff regarding working remotely in response to COVID-19, and we will not refund parking fees or cancel a permit as a result of changes in our operations. These fees cover fixed costs of parking operations and enable us to continue to pay our employees. The Transportation and Parking team appreciates your understanding and continued support.
Parking permits are issued through the Parking Management Office located in Mountaineer Station. Permits are valid for one year only from August 1 through July 31 of the following year.
Permits will be renewed automatically for employees with payroll deduction annually. Annual renewals cannot be processed if there are any outstanding citations on a permit holder’s account. All citations must be paid in advance prior to renewal. New permit purchase and existing permit renewal may also be done by visiting the parking office.
In order to park in a permitted space on campus, a permit is required for motor vehicles as well as motorcycles.
ALL citations must be paid when purchasing, renewing and/or picking up a permit. Permit location and rate information is available by selecting the links on the right. After reviewing the information, all WVU faculty, staff and students, please proceed to purchase permit. Student permits are only good for the purchased area.
A permit is registered to a specific customer and vehicle(s). It is:
- Not transferrable
- Not valid in the hourly paid parking areas under any circumstances
- The property of WVU
- Must be returned to WVU Parking Office to terminate associated charges or fees and/or receive a refund, as applicable
- Any unauthorized use of a permit is considered a violation and is subject to fines, penalities, and revocation
This permit must be attached properly on the vehicle’s lower front driver side windshield (near the inspection sticker), facing out at all times while parked at WVU. If you have a hangtag, it must be displayed facing out on the rearview mirror at all times while parked at WVU. Failure to properly display the permit is a parking violation.
- General Permits are issued to employees and students listing a specific parking area(s).
- Area 75 Permits these permits are valid for the white ADA spaces in the parking area printed on the front of the permit.
- Area 90 Permits are for President, Vice-Presidents, and Administrators and are valid in any permit areas.
- Area 92 Permits are for Departments only. Valid in Downtown areas 1, 5,7,11, HSC area 80, and all Evansdale areas.
- Area 94 Permits are for Directors, Associate Directors, Assistant Directors, Managers, and Individuals who are required to travel to other campuses. Must have pre-approval. Home base will be designated on permit. Permits valid in Areas 1, 6, 7, 9 and 11 Downtown. Area 80 and 81 on a temporary basis at HSC and all areas on Evansdale.
- Area 98 Permits (Vendors), valid in Downtown Areas 1, 5, 6, 7, all paid Evansdale areas, and Area 81 at the HSC.
- Motorcycle Permits are valid in any motorcycle space on campus. An employee with a parking permit may park in motorcycle spaces or a regular space as long as they properly display their permit.
- Professor Emeritus Permits valid in Areas 1, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11 Downtown. Area 80 and 81 on a temporary basis at HSC and all areas on Evansdale.
- Press Pass Permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 6,7,11, HSC areas 80, 81, and all areas on Evansdale.
- Temporary disability permits are available. Please contact the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at 304-293-5600.
- Vanpool Permits are valid in the parking area permitted on the front of the permit.
- Visitor’s permits are one-day permits.