Parking permits are issued through the Parking Management office located in Mountaineer Station (1112 Van Voorhis Road). Permits are valid for one year - from August 1 through July 31 of the following year. Permits will be renewed automatically for employees who pay for their permits through payroll deduction. A permit is required for motor vehicles and motorcycles to park in a permitted space on campus. ALL citations must be paid when purchasing, renewing and/or picking up a permit.Visit Parking Portal
Special Parking Program for Hybrid and Remote Employees
WVU is deploying a special parking program for hybrid and remote employees that includes a daily parking pass/rate versus an annual pass/monthly rate.
Hybrid or remote employees may choose to cancel their annual parking permit, effective July 1 and utilize one-day parking permits, as needed.
The rate for one-day permits for the Downtown, Evansdale, College of Law and Health Sciences Center campuses will be $5 per day, and permits can be purchased online via the Parking Portal beginning July 1. In addition to the $5 daily rate option, hybrid and remote employees who have parking permits for the garage at One Waterfront Place may choose to keep their permits and pay a reduced rate of $20 per month.
No action is required by remote employees to take part in the special parking program — they will be enrolled automatically. However, remote employees who wish to opt out of the program and retain their parking permits should contact the Parking Management Office at 304-293-5502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hybrid employees must opt in to the special parking program. Hybrid employees who wish to participate in the program should contact the Parking Management Office by close of business on June 17 to express interest.
For those who participate in the program and currently have their parking fees automatically withheld via a payroll deduction, the deduction will be suspended beginning July 1.
Program participants whose parking fees are not currently paid through an automatic payroll deduction should contact the Parking Management Office to initiate a refund.
Employees who have been designated to work in a hybrid or remote capacity should monitor their WVU email for more information from the Parking Management team.
Permits are registered to a specific individual and vehicle(s) and is:
- Not valid in the hourly paid parking areas under any circumstances
- The property of WVU
Permits must be returned to the WVU Parking office to terminate associated charges or fees and/or receive a refund, as applicable. Any unauthorized use of a permit is considered a violation and is subject to fines, penalties and revocation.
Permits must be attached properly to the vehicle’s lower front driver side windshield (near the inspection sticker), facing out at all times while parked at WVU. If you have a hangtag, it must be displayed facing out on the rearview mirror at all times while parked at WVU. Failure to properly display the permit is a parking violation.
General Permits are issued to employees and students listing specific parking area(s).
- Area 75 permits are valid in the white ADA spaces in the designated parking area printed on the front of the permit.
- Area 90 permits are for presidents, vice presidents and administrators and are valid in all permit areas.
- Area 92 permits are only for departments and are valid in Downtown areas 1, 5, 7, 11, area 80 at HSC, and all Evansdale areas.
- Area 94 permits are for directors, associate directors, assistant directors, managers, and individuals who are required to travel to other campuses. You must receive pre-approval to get this permit and your home base will be designated on the permit. These permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 6, 7, 9 and 11, areas 80 and 81 at HSC (on a temporary basis), and all areas on Evansdale.
- Area 98 permits are for vendors. They are valid in Downtown areas 1, 5, 6, 7, all paid Evansdale areas, and area 81 at HSC.
- Motorcycle permits are valid in any motorcycle space on campus. An employee with a parking permit may park in motorcycle spaces or a regular space as long as they properly display their permit.
- Professor Emeritus permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11, areas 80 and 81 at HSC (on a temporary basis), and all areas on Evansdale.
- Press Pass permits are valid in Downtown areas 1, 6,7, 11, areas 80 and 81 at HSC, and all areas on Evansdale.
- Temporary disability permits are available. Please contact the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at 304-293-5600 for more information.
- Vanpool permits are valid in the parking area designated on the front of the permit.
- Visitor’s permits are only valid for one day.