The scope of Phase II includes the redesign and replacement of the Automatic Train Control (ATC) System, replacement of substation and electrical gear, and hospital tunnel repair.
- The ATC system is a key component in the overall operation of the PRT.WVU, in conjuction with Thales Corporation, will develop an ATC system based on a proven Thales system but with added features that mimic our existing PRT system’s functionality. The entire system including the vehicle fleet will be outfitted with the new ATC solution by the fall of 2016. Replacement of this major system will significantly improve the PRT’s performance.
- The design and installation of a new train controls system will include new vehicle controllers, wayside and station computer control equipment, central control equipment, and fare gates with new destination selection units. The new train controls system will use radio frequency communications thereby, reducing maintenance needs and vastly improving system availability.
- Estimated Total- 52.6 million
- Replace the automatic train controls system which provides the automatic control, communications, and monitoring of vehicles
- Replace the substations and electrical gear
- Construction project to make tunnel repairs beneath Elmer Prince Drive