The Office of Accessibility Services and Transportation and Parking are committed to providing students with temporary and permanent mobility impairments the use of an accessible shuttle. The accessibility shuttle is a free service that is designed to transport students to and from classes on the Evansdale and Downtown campuses.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
How to Ride the Accessibility Shuttle
Submit Application and Documentation to OAS
- Complete the online application to register with the Office of Accessibility Services.
- Submit supporting documentation that meets their requirements. You can upload the documentation when completing your online application, email it to email@example.com, fax it to 304-293-3861 or bring it to your initial meeting with your assigned accessibility specialist.
Note: After submitting your application and supporting documentation, you will receive a follow-up email within two business days of submitting. In that email, you'll be provided a link to schedule an intake appointment with your assigned accessibility specialist.
Provide Class Schedule to Transportation Services
- After registering with the Office of Accessibility Services, complete the class schedule form and make sure to provide both class start and end times.
Note: After your class schedule has been submitted to Accessibility Transportation Services, they will send you an email that contains your pick-up schedule. Your scheduled pick-up times will be approximately a half hour before your classes begin.
Riding the Shuttle
- Travel to your pick-up/drop-off location before your scheduled pick-up time. This will either be Mountaineer Station, the Motor Pool Facility (end of Robinson Street) or your residence hall. Note: Accessibility vehicles vary in look and type.
- To get to your pick-up location (if you don't live in a residence hall), you can either ride the PRT, Mountain Line bus, an apartment shuttle or use your own vehicle. Note: If using your own vehicle, you will need to purchase a parking permit to park in a handicap space at your assigned hub.
Please remember that many students use the service and drivers must stay on schedule. If you arrive after your scheduled pick-up time, you will miss your opportunity to board. After three no-shows, you will be removed from the schedule and must contact the Office of Accessibility Services to be reinstated.
If you need to cancel your pick-up or change your schedule, contact Accessibility Transportation Services as soon as possible by calling 304-293-7278 or emailing ADATransport@mail.wvu.edu. Last-minute schedule changes and same-day rides may be considered depending on availability.
The shuttle may be canceled or operated at a limited capacity in inclement weather or poor driving conditions. Students will be notified by MIX email, WVU Today and radio broadcast (WCLG, WKKW, WVAQ, WAJR, U92, and 94.3 FM) of these changes.